NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY
UGC / NET / Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with the task of conducting UGC-NET, which is a Test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ as well as ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian Universities and Colleges.
The UGC-NET is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode w.e.f. December 2018 onwards.
Awarding of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and/ or Eligibility for Assistant Professorship depends on the aggregate performance of the candidate in Paper-I and Paper-II of UGC-NET. The candidates qualifying only for Assistant Professorship are not eligible to be considered for the award of JRF. Candidates who qualify the eligibility test for Assistant Professorship are governed by the rules and regulations of the concerned Universities/Colleges/State Governments, as the case may be for recruitment of Assistant Professor.
UGC-NET is conducted twice every year (June & December). In order to regularize the UGC-NET examination cycle, the National Testing Agency (NTA), with the concurrence of UGC is conducting UGC NET June 2023 in 83 subjects, at selected cities across the country.
1. Candidates can apply for UGC - NET December 2023 through the “Online” mode only on the website
https://ugcnet.nta.ac.in . The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
2. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Candidates will not be allowed to fill more than one
Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even at a later stage, against such candidates who have filled more
than one Application Form.
3. Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA website.
4. Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are
their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on
the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
5. In case any candidate faces difficulty in applying for UGC NET December 2023, he/she may contact on 011 -
40759000 /011 - 69227700 or e-mail at email@example.com For further clarification related to the UGC NET December
2023, the Candidates are advised to visit the official website(s) of NTA (www.nta.ac.in) and
(https://ugcnet.nta.ac.in/, for the latest updates.